|Am I Fat Weight Loss Recipes
|Soups to keep you slim-
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE SOUP
Place chicken, onion, and garlic in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Cover with water, bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is tender. At this point, chicken may be removed from broth and cooled. Take meat from bones. Skim any fat from broth; return meat to pan. Add remaining ingredients; simmer for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 1 whole chicken (3 pounds), skinned and cut up
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 15-ounce can (1/2 pound) kidney beans or hominy, drained
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
Fat: 3 g
Put onions and garlic in a medium pot and cook until tender. Add broth, water, tomato paste, seasoning, and black pepper to the onions and garlic. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for ten minutes. Add mixed vegetables and macaroni. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook ten minutes, or until macaroni is done
- 20 ozs chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 c elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c onions, chopped
- 6 ozs tomato paste
- 15 ozs mixed vegetables, canned and drained
Serves: 6 (With chicken broth)
Fat: 2 g
|WEIGHT WATCHERS CHILLI
Brown Meat, add green beans, pour in V-8 juice (as much as you want), add chilli powder, black pepper and lite salt to taste.
- French cut green beans
- Ground turkey meat
- V-8 Juice
- Chilli powder
- Lite salt to taste
Serves: As many as you want
Recipe time: 15 minutes
|FRESH VEGETABLE SOUP
Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, saute for 2 minutes. Stir in celery and the next 9 ingredients; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Add tomato, macaroni, and tomato sauce; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or till pasta is done. Add cabbage, kidney beans, salt and pepper, cook 5minutes or until cabbage wilts. Ladle soup into bowls; top with cheese. This recipe takes a little time but is well worth the effort. Soup can berefridgerated for a week or frozen up to 3 month.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2cups chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups cut green beans (frozen can be used)
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 14 ounce cans fat - free beef broth
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 4 cups chopped tomato
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Recipe time: 60 minutes
1. In a pot, combine water and diced tomatoes (with the juice from the can) and set to the lowest possible heat.
- 6 - 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 - 3 celery stalks, chopped
- spinach, fresh or frozen (fresh is better)
- 2 - 4 cans beans (kidney and white work well), well rinsed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 - 4 cups water
2. In a medium frying pan, saute onion and garlic with cooking spray (or olive oil if you prefer) until tender and juicy, empty contents of pan into broth
3. Add Spices to the broth.
4. When broth is heated, add celery and carrots and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add beans and simmer until 20 minutes before meal.
6. Add spinach and allow 5 - 10 minutes for the spinach to cook.
*you can really add any vegetables you like, zuccini, squash, cabbage and potato work well.
Recipe time: 30 mins
"Why do people go to Burger King and order a double Whopper with a large French fry and insist on getting a diet Coke ?"
"Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education." - MARK TWAIN.